St Matthew's Church
The church was built thanks to the initiative of Marianne Carey, who wanted to help the fisherman of Cobo and their families avoid a walk of more than 2 miles to Castel parish church. She persuaded members of the Carey family and their friends to raise the finance required to build the church. The foundation stone was laid in 1852, and the first service was help in 1854.
The Priaulx Library holds microfilm copies of the parish registers from 1854 to the 1980's.
- St Matthew's Church, Cobo - official web site