St Ouen family records
Part of the index in the St Ouen baptism register dating from the 17th century
We have now collected nearly half a million Jersey Church of England family records, including over 32,000 St Ouen church records from 1600 to 1940 (start and end dates vary by type of record).
A new and improved search facility which is a far superior and up-to-date means of searching for your Jersey ancestors than the main indexes on this page, has links to the page images of the original transcriptions of baptism records up to 1842, which contain more information, including godparents.
Transcribed records of baptisms, marriages and burials at the parish church
- These four indexes for the Parish Church have not been updated since 2017, despite ongoing work on adding new records and correcting others in our database widening the gap between them and the parish indexes. We have decided not to update the indexes again - it simply involves too much work - over 5,000 Jerripedia pages to edit every time a complete update is undertaken!
- But don't despair, we have a new and improved search facility, which makes it much easier to locate ancestors you are searching for in Jersey church records. You don't have to know which parish they were born, married and buried in, or even exactly how their name was spelt. You can view these records in a number of ways, and generate your own version of the reports on which the indexes below are based. These reports are easily copied and stored as text files on your own computer for future reference.
- Simply click on this link to Jerripedia's Family Search facility. You don't have to register to use the search facility, but you will probably want to, because that will give you access to the new reports which are being added. If you are already a registered user of Jerripedia you can use your same username, but you will probably have to choose a different password, because the security requirements of the search facility differ in several respects.
You may want to read our Guide to using the Family Search facility before you start.
- We will retain the indexes below for the foreseeable future, but remember - they are not up-to-date and contain inaccuracies which have now been corrected in our records database.
Baptisms 1600 to 1915
Marriages 1605-1940 indexed by groom's surname
When this index was updated in March 2017 some St Mary records were inadvertently used instead of St Ouen records. We apologise for this error. The index was updated with the correct records in June 2017
Marriages 1605-1940 indexed by bride's surname
Registrar records of births, marriages and deaths
Images of the Register Office indexes
Images of the Registry Office indexes
- We have also retained our original St Ouen family records index page whose indexes may contain further details for some records.