St Saviours, Guernsey

From theislandwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
St Saviour Crest

Contents

Introduction

The parish of St Saviour, which is situated at the western part of the island, is bounded on the north by the Catel parish; on the east by St Andrew; on the south by St Peter-in-the-Wood; and on the west by the sea; distant about five miles from St Peter Port, and contains 3,070 vergées of land; a population of 943 inhabitants in 1861; and in 1871, 946 inhabitants. Part of the King’s fief, and that of Le Comte, lie in this parish, there are also some minor fiefs within it of no great importance. In the last extente are mentioned those of Stuart, Gaillard, Blondell, Des Longues, Des Revaux, Des Gohiers, Au Roux, De Leree, De Govel, De Voy and Marquant. Hill’s Historical Directory of the Channel Islands (1874)

Churches

Public

Ancient Monuments

Old Family Houses

Fiefs

See Fiefs of St Saviours

Coastline

Roads

Links

1841 Census for St Saviours

Personal tools
Donate

Please support theislandwiki.org with a donation to our hosting costs