Stone family page
This family has been present in Jersey from the mid-17th century until the present day
A 1778 photograph by Ernest Baudoux of Charles Stone, Jersey Swimming Club champion
If you can help with information about this family, please contact email@example.com, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This name was originally given to someone who lived by a notable outcrop of rock, a stone boundary-marker or monument; or it may be locational from one of the places called Stone.
This is one of a number of English surnames which have been present in Jersey since the mid-17th century, but were ignored by Charles Stevens, the compiler of the Comprehensive list of Jersey surnames.
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Stone family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Thomas Stone, 19 Old Street, St Helier bequeaths to Thomas Henry Stone the property forming the corner of Gloucester Street and Patriotic Place; to Eliza Goldding Morton for life the property 19 Old Street; to Mark Lamb Stone the properties 17, 19 and 19½ Old Street; to William Stone the property 2 Stonemade, Almorah Road; to Annie Ethel Stone the property 1 Stonemade, Almorah Road All properties situated in St Helier - 8 January 1907, D/Y/A/66
- Ethelinda Stone, 38 Ann Street, St Helier - 28 February 1942, D/Y/A/109
- William Stone, 5 St Saviours Crescent, St Saviour, bequeaths to Winifred Anna Stone the business of general store and grocer at 4 Dumaresq Street, St Helier - 24 July 1940, D/Y/A/107
- Herbert Stone, Jersey General Hospital - 18 June 1927, D/Y/A/87
- Emma Stone, Mont à l'Abbé, St Helier - 23 March 1929, D/Y/A/89
- Frederick Stone, St Helier - 17 March 1910, D/Y/A/69