Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Clos de l'Ecluse off Mont Les Vaux. This private road is named after a lockon the stream which once drove the wheel of a watermill, known as Moulin d'Egoutte Pluye. The stream rises south-west of St Peter's CHurch and at St Aubin divides the Vingtaines of Noirmont and du Coin before making its way underground, through a drainpipe to the harbour. The mill pond was in the meadow bordering Mont Les Vaux, and has been cut in two by the construction of the road in 1865.
Type of property
Mid-19th century St Aubin town house
Sold for £520,000 in 2006 and £710,000 in 2011
Families associated with the property
- De Bourcier: In 1901 baker Francis Philip de Bourcier (1849-1913) and his wife Harriet, nee Coutanche (1860-1916) were living here with their children Marie (1888- ), Annie (1890- ), Francis (1892- ), Thomas (1893- ), Jessie (1895- ), Robert (1898- ), and Emily (1901- ) Francis Philip's widowed aunt Emelie Gaudin (1839- ) was also living with the family
- Tostevin: In 1941 Herbert Charles Tostevin (1895- ) was living here with his wife Helena Marie, nee Ayrill (1900- ) and their daughters Dulcie Louisa (1923- ), Joan Ethel (1926- ) and Audrey (1928- )
Historic Environment Record entry
This mid-late 19th century townhouse retains its original proportions and some original features. Two-storey plus attic, five-bay.
Property fronted by low granite wall, brick copings.
Notes and references
Two old photographs of the family who lived at Sunnyside in the late 19th or early 20th century