The late historian Jean Arthur lived at Les Ruettes, St John - perhaps this explains its prominence in Old Jersey Houses. Miss Winifred Arthur lived here in the 1950s. Clarence Hocquard lived here 1932-1945. But also in ABSJ 1932 Les Ruettes St John is described as "Mr Arthur's Farm", referring to a specimen of stone niche. ABSJ 1972 p364 mentions an inventory of this house made by Moise Orange in 1865 (he died 1867).