Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- Nine Elms
- Les Chenolles
Rue de l'Etocquet, St John
Type of property
18th century country house
Les Chenolles, a converted barn, was sold for £1,095,000 in 2016
Families associated with the property
- Le Moignan: In 1901 farmer John Le Moignan (1833- ) and his sisters Jane Mary (1838- ), Mary Ann (1844- ), Matilda Carolina (1852- ) and Julia Dallain (1857- ) were living here
- Fauvel: In 1941 Arthur Fauvel (1903- ), his wife Gladys Rose, nee Salou (1903- ) and their children Nelson Arthur (1930- ) and Noreen Rose (1931- ) were living here
Historic Environment Record entry
This 18th century, 5 bay house retains its historic proportions and its render details from the alterations in the 19th century.
Along with the granite, two-storey barn to the west a cohesive farm group is created which enhances the roadside setting at the edge of the village.
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795, it originated in the 18th century but was reroofed, rendered and decorated in late 19th century.
Two-storey, five-bay main house with lower wings to east and west, west wing returns south as two-storey converted barn, now a separate property.