The Oaks, St Mary

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Historic Jersey buildings

The Oaks, St Mary


Index of all house profiles

If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

The Oaks


Route de l'Eglise, St Mary

Type of property

Country house with 16th century origins


Sold for £590,000 in 2005, £1,275,000 in 2010, £1,660,000 in 2013 and £2,389,000 in 2021

Families associated with the property

None identified

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

This house, with 16th century origins, retains historic character and some features from different periods of its history. The principal façade emulates the polite architecture of Georgian fashion but with a continuing local character.

Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Two-storey, five-bay house with two-bay wing to west.

The interior has been altered but retains some early fabric and features of note from different phases, including historic beams and beaded joists in the ground floor rooms (former hall and parlour) and upper floor rooms; a 16th century chamber fireplace with stone corbels and chamfered uprights with moulded stops, rendered hood and stone dressed alcove, on the east gable; and a later (circa 18th century) ground floor hall flush fireplace on the east gable.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included in either volume despite early origins

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs