Tibot/Thebault family page
The wedding of Pierre Marie Emile Thebault (1913-2002) and Magdeleine Florence Josephine Boissier (1910-2000) in Jersey in 1938
If you can help with information about this family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This surname is common in France, although the spelling varies from department to department, and it is not particularly associated with Brittany and Normandy. It is derived from the personal name Theodbald (theod = 'people' + bald = 'audacious').
The pronunciation of all the variants in the first batch below is the same. The spelling Thebault is more common in Brittany and Normandy, but Tibot is by far the most common variant in Jersey.
Anne, the first child of Pierre Tibot and Rachel de Gruchy, was baptised in Trinity in 1762, followed by six siblings over the next 16 years.
Great War service
Sons of Jean Jacques and Ann Elizabeth
- John Francis Thiebot (1884- ) (St B) husband of Mary Ann, nee Le Brocq, Private, Alberta Regiment, killed in action
- Francis Thiebot (1887- ) (St B), Private, DCLI
- George Henry Tibot (1890- ) (Portsmouth) Jersey father, RAF
- James Walter Tibot (1878- ) (St H) son of James Walter and Henrietta Louisa Le Revost, husband of Julia Warren, Corporal, Norfolk Regiment
This will created by a member of the Tibot family is now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, date and reference number shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1948, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Marie-Ann Tibot of Trinity, bequeaths to the poor of Trinity, 5s - 23 February 1863, D/Y/A/31
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs