Trinity (Jerriais: La Trinneté) is one of the twelve of Jersey. It is in the north of the island and is considered to be the most rural of Jersey's parishes, being the third-largest parish by surface area with the third-smallest population. The parish covers 6,817 vergées. It is home to the headquarters of the Royal Jersey Agricultural and Horticultural Society at the Royal Jersey Showground, the States Farm and Jersey Zoo at Les Augrès Manor.
The coat of arms of the parish shows the Shield of the Trinity diagram.
The Parish church has a distinctive white pyramidal spire.
The Le Vesconte memorial (erected 1910) takes the form of an obelisk at a crossroads commemorating Philippe Le Vesconte (21 December 1837 - 21 August 1909) who was 10 times elected Constable between 1868-1877 and 1890-1909.
In folklore, the area of Bouley Bay has been reputed to be haunted by the Tchian d'Bouôlé (Black Dog of Bouley), a phantom dog whose appearance presages storms. The story is believed to have been encouraged by smugglers who wanted to discourage nocturnal movements by people who might witness the movement of contraband at the harbour in Bouley Bay.
Trinity is divided into the following vingtaines:
- Vingtaine de la Ville-à-l'Évêque
- Vingtaine de Rozel
- Vingtaine du Rondin
- Vingtaine des Augrès
- Vingtaine de la Croiserie
Trinity elects one Deputy
- 1532 Trinity trésor roll, a list of 16th Century residents of the parish
Some external links previously provided to information about the parish have been moved, or deleted, and we do not have the resources to keep chasing them