Historic Jersey buildings
If you own this property, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Vale View House
- La Paloterie
- Vale View Farm
- Vale View Cottage
- The Old Barn
Ivystill Lane, St Saviour
Type of property
Converted farm group with 17th century origins
- The house sold for £548,000 in 2004
- The cottage sold for £495,000 in 2005
There have subsequently been sales of sub-divided units of the house
Families associated with the property
- IH 1617 - For Bailiff Jean Herault
- PDGC EJRN 1889 - For Philip Gallichan and Elizabeth Renouf, at The Meadows. 
Historic Environment Record entry
Historic farm group with 17th century origins, and elements from later phases of development, retaining original exterior features and character as a group, contributing to scenic value.
Now sub-divided into separate residences: Vale View House (mid-late 19th century); La Palloterie and Vale View Farm (both 19th century range incorporating 17th century features); Vale View Cottage (mid-late 19th century) and The Old Barn (17th century arch only).
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
The Old Barn - a good survival of a 17th century Jersey nine-piece arch, original base stones are missing, chamfered key stone, shoulder stones, short and long uprights survive.
Old Jersey Houses
A brief entry in Vol Two locates the property in Les Varines, refers to it as a 'modern house' and mentions the 1617 datestone. 
Notes and references
- ↑ This is an adjacent property but HER, which mentions the stone, does not indicate its connection to Vale View. The couple are listed in the 1891 census but we have not been able to find a marriage record for them, nor a baptism record for Philip. We cannot place them in any of our Gallichan family trees, nor can we find an online tree which includes them
- ↑ The house may be of much later construction than 1617 but by no stretch of the imagination could it be thought to be modern. The comment was written 1977, five years before an application was made to convert outbuildings into the residential accommodation shown at the top of this page