Vallois family page
Marie Le Vallois married Henri Le Maistre in St Andrew's Church in 1905
If you can help with information about the Vallois family, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, using Jerripedia as the subject of your email. We are particularly interested in information which will help create further family trees, family histories and photographs
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
It is suggested that the original Vallois in France originated in Wales, 'V' and 'G' being interchangeable in surnames. However, it is far more likely that the name comes either from the region of this name in Northern France, which was once an independent duchy, or simply derives from someone who lived in a valley (val).
Vallois is the common form of the surname in Jersey, but Le Vallois is found in Guernsey. A number of French students from the De Vallois family in France were in Jersey in 1911. The spelling Valois is more common in France today.
This is not a family of any great longevity in Jersey, having first appeared in the 19th century with the baptisms of the children of Francois Vallois, from Coutances, and Esther Laurens, who may also have come from France.
- Le Vallois
- De Vallois
Great War service
Sons of Frank and Elizabeth Vallois, of St Clement
- Ernest Alexander Vallois (1888-1916) Rifleman, Royal Irish Rifles, diedof wounds Further information
- Frank L Vallois (1887-1916) Sedrgeant, Lancashire Fusiliers, died of wounds
- Charles Vallois (St C) ex-RMIJ, Gunner, RFA
- Harold Kenneth Charles Vallois (1894- ) (St Luke) son of Frank and Elizabeth, Air Mechanic RNAS
- John Clement Vallois (1878- ) (St L) son of John Clement and Helen Henriette, ex-RMIJ, Rifleman, King's Royal Rifle Corps
- Stanley Burton Vallois (1899- ) (St L) son of Philip John Vallois and Elizabeth Burton, husband of Mary Ellen Ward, Air Mechanic RAF
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs