This page lists all new pages added to the site since 1 January 2020, and from time to time also contains important messages about changes to site pages.
Links to content added to the site in earlier years can be found on our 'What was new?' page, which retains the complete sequence of additions to the site back to July 2010.
1 January 2020
- The Le Quesnes of Burrard Street, and the businesses which they founded
- Sir Martin Le Quesne, and a biography of one of their most distinguished descendants
3 January 2020
- Bill Reynolds, man of speed A 96-year-old with a love of fast cars, as featured in a Channel Television programme
- 1802 Militia officers: the earliest list of Militia officers we have found
- Private schools - 1884 Jersey's private schools reviewed in a book of British Isles schools edited by a Jerseyman
- The financial crisis of 1773 and 1886 and its impact on the island
Although important additions to the website will still be added here, we recommend that you follow our Facebook Group for announcements about Pictures of the Week, new compilations of news from newspapers of the past, and other updates
Jerripedia celebrated its tenth birthday with a picture of the decade, selected from the many thousands added over the years
- Alfred Laurent, a 1987 article on Jersey's last basket maker
- John Farley, market trader and politician
- George Royston Jackson: Imprisoned for bigamy in 1919
- Killurin: A coaster wrecked off Jersey's south coast in 1950
- Metropolis: Steamship wrecked behind Elizabeth Castle in 1861
- The de Carterets of St Ouen's Manor: A family history containing some controversial views about how they started out in Jersey
- Battle of Flowers programmes: A new page devoted to a growing collection of programmes, some already included and some new to the site
- More Occupation memories
- Descendants of Pierre Mathurin Gorin - a new tree which establishes the previously-suspected link between the Gorin family in Jersey and Ploeuc-sur-Lie in Brittany
- Descendants of Edouard Queree - 3: This tree of a family originating in St John has been extended from 46 lines to over 190, with a considerable amount of detail added.
- The sad story of Mary Ann Queree, a tale of a failed suicide attempt at the end of the 19th century
We have started a further review of our family pages, adding burial records to those not yet including them, rechecking linked family trees, updating links to our database of church records, and generally tidying the pages and checking their content. This work has been completed for all family names beginning with A and we are continuing to work our way down the alphabet. Clearly this review will take months to complete and we will not be listing individual families as they are completed, but will include progress reports on this page as time permits.
- Bertaut: Our review of family pages and associated trees continues to make progess. A set of seven new trees for the Bertaut family has been added, effectively replacing the trees which have been on the site since 2013
- Descendants of Francois Cavey: The first tree for this family
- Du Val: Our review of family pages and their trees has now reached the end of those beginning with D and resulted in a thorough reappraisal of the Duval/Du Val trees, the addition of considerable extra details, and the creation of a new tree showing early generations of the family in St Peter ...
- Descendants of Philippe Duval
Jerripedia is an entirely voluntary undertaking with no
income, and the substantial web-hosting costs of
www.theislandwiki.org have been funded by the Guernsey
Society since our launch in 2010. If you have found
the site helpful in your research, please help take
us forward by making a donation, however small.
To support us, please click on the button