Born in 1879, Edwin Hettich was the founder of the family jewellery business
and a prominent citizen of St Helier. He entered politics after the Second World War and stood successfully as a parish deputy in 1948. He was an active member of the States and was responsible for the conversion of Victoria Avenue
to a dual carriageway in the early 1950s. This portrait, in the Town Hall
collection, is by an unknown artist.