Halls family page
Stanley Reginald Hall (22) and Edith Gosling (21) were convicted of forgery by Jersey's Royal Court in 1912. Hall was sentenced to four months in prison with hard labour
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
From August 2020 we have started adding records from non-Anglican churches, and this process will continue as more records, held by Jersey Archive, are digitised and indexed. Our database now includes buttons enabling a search within registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These records will automatically appear within the results of any search made from this page.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
A number of places called Hall, in the United Kingdom, may have given rise to this surname, but it is more likely to have been given to someone who lived near a large house or manor, or was employed there.
Hall first appears in Jersey baptism records at the end of the 17th century and Halls makes an appearance in 1836.
- Hall baptisms in Jersey
- Hall marriages in Jersey (groom)
- Hall marriages in Jersey (bride)
- Hall burials in Jersey
- Halls baptisms in Jersey
- Halls marriages in Jersey (groom)
- Halls marriages in Jersey (bride)
- Halls burials in Jersey
Great War service
These wills created by members of the Hall/Halls family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- George Hall of St Helier, esquire, lieutenant colonel - 14 December 1871, D/Y/A/36
- Harry Hall, 17 Pembridge Gardens, London - 9 August 1946, D/Y/A/116
- Roger Hall, Captain in the Royal Navy 26 October 1861 - D/Y/A/30
- Stephen Hall of Town Mills, St Helier, Carter - 2 June 1864, D/Y/A/32
- Thomas Hall of Armley, York, now of St Helier, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier of 5s - 5 July 1864, D/Y/A/32
- Walter Hall, Joan of Arc Villa, Samares, St Clement, bequeaths to Florence Millicent Mitchell, 58 Don Road; to Joan Florence Hall Joan of Arc Villa; to Ethel Mitchell known as "Why Not" Lodged au Greffe, not proved- 29 March 1940, D/Y/A/106
- William Hall of Seaton Place, St Helier - 23 March 1882, D/Y/A/42
- William Hall, Dudley House, Gorey Village - 11 January 1946, D/Y/A/115
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The memorial to Great War casualty Stanley Roberts Hall at Redoubt Cemetery, Helles, Turkey