Origins of surname
This name, in its variety of spellings, is a diminuitive of the French personal name Herve. Hervieu is the spelling common in Normandy and Hervieux in Brittany.
The family name, which is still present in Jersey today, did not appear in the island until the 1840s.
- Hervieu baptisms in Jersey
- Hervieu marriages in Jersey (groom)
- Hervieu marriages in Jersey (bride)
- Hervieu burials in Jersey
Great War service
- Frank Edmund Hervieu (1898- ) (St L) , ex-RMIJ, Private, RASC
- George Alfred Hervieu (1884- ) (St L) ex-RMIJ, Private, RJGB
- Alfred Hervieu (1896- ) (St L) Private, Hampshire Regiment
- John William Hervieu (St J) ex-RMIJ, L-Cpl Labour Corps
- Peter Auguste Hervieu (1894- ) (St J) son of Pierre Jules and Marie Rosalie Andespres, Driver, Royal Horse Artillery
These wills created by members of the Hervieu family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Hervieu : Eliza Susanne , widow of Peter Rabasse and Jean Baptiste Le Fevre, of Avranche Cottage, St Lawrence Desires to be buried in St Matthew's Cemetery with the body of her second husband, Jean Baptiste Le Fevre - 10/Feb/1934 , 31/Mar/1955 , D/Y/B1/29/26
- Hervieu : Estelle Marie Seraphine , nee Brochard, of 2, Wivenhoe Villas, d'Auvergne Lane, St Helier - 01/Feb/1966 , 22/Feb/1966 , D/Y/B1/95/10
- Hervieu : Florence Lilian , widow of Oswald John Luce, of Ramona, Beaumont, St Peter - 20/Jun/1966 , 20/Jun/1966 , D/Y/B1/98/32
- Hervieu : Irene Joyce , wife of Frederick Sydney Titheridge, of 104, Le Marais, St Clement - 17/Sep/1963 , 22/Jun/1977 , D/Y/B1/260/23
- Hervieu : Peter Auguste , son of Pierre Jules, native of St John, of 2, Wivenhoe Villas, D'Auvergne Lane, St Helier and formerly of St Martin - 11/Dec/1920 , 07/Feb/1966 , D/Y/B1/94/42
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
The church record links above will open in a new tab in your browser and generate the most up-to-date list of each set of records from our database. These lists replace earlier Family page baptism lists, which were not regularly updated. They have the added advantage that they produce a chronological listing for the family name in all parishes, so you do not have to search through A-Z indexes, parish by parish.
We have included some important spelling variants on some family pages, but it may be worth searching for records for a different spelling variant. Think of searching for variants with or without a prefix, such as Le or De. To search for further variants, or for any other family name, just click on the appropriate link below for the first letter of the family name, and a new tab will open, giving you the option to choose baptism, marriage or burial records. You will then see a list of available names for that type of record and you can select any name from that list. That will display all records of the chosen type for that family name, and you can narrow the search by adding a given name, selecting a parish or setting start and end dates in the form you will see above. You can also change the family name, or search for a partial name if you are not certain of the spelling
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
Since August 2020 we have added several thousand new records from the registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These will appear in date order within a general search of the records and are also individually searchable within the database search form <center>