Hue family page
This family has been present in Jersey since the early 14th century
You can also select marriages or burials. Select the name you want and when the list of records is displayed you can easily refine the search, choosing a single parish, given name(s) and/or start and end dates.
The records are displayed 30 to a page, but by selecting the yellow Wiki Table option at the top left of the page you can open a full, scrollable list. This list will either be displayed in a new tab or a pop-up window. You may have to edit the settings of your browser to allow pop-up windows for www.jerripediabmd.net. For the small number of family names for which a search generates more than 1,500 records you will have to refine your search (perhaps using start or end dates) to reduce the number of records found.
From August 2020 we have started adding records from non-Anglican churches, and this process will continue as more records, held by Jersey Archive, are digitised and indexed. Our database now includes buttons enabling a search within registers of Roman Catholic, Methodist and other non-conformist churches. These records will automatically appear within the results of any search made from this page.
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origin of Surname
This name, although it undoubtedly came to Jersey from France, is of pre-7th century German origin. The first spelling was as the forename "Hugo" meaning "heart or mind", and this spelling is found in the Domesday Book of 1086. The personal name was highly popular throughout Europe in medieval times, and can be found under various spellings as a surname in most European countries.
This surname appears in early 14th century documents in Jersey and Sire Jean and Johan are listed in the Jersey Chantry Certificate of 1550
The first baptisms appear in the St Saviour register in 1546.
- Hue, 1329
- Descendants of Nicolas Hue
- Descendants of Jean Hue (1359)
- Descendants of Alain Pierre Hus
- Descendants of Jehan Hue
- Descendants of Jean Hue
- Descendants of Nicolas Hus Added 2016
Biographies and histories
- Jehan Hue
- Clement Hue, physician
- Corbet Hue, Dean
- History of the Hue family
- The Hue stone at Perry Farm
These wills created by members of the Hue family are now held by Jersey Archive. By visiting the archive site and using the names, dates and reference numbers shown here, it is possible to view a copy of each will. You will have to subscribe to the Archive's online service to do this. To find out more about this collection, which covers the period from 1663 to 1980, and how to search for your family's wills there, visit our Jersey wills page
- Hugh Hue of St Mary, bequeaths to the poor of St Mary, £20 of the order of the King, to Rachel and Anne Hue, his sisters, the interest on his stocks in England 27 July 1776 - D/Y/A/12
- Françoise Hue, widow of Pierre Cabot of St Brelade, bequeaths to St Aubin's Hospital, £100 of funds in 3% annuities in the Bank of England makes further bequests of the same funds 14 August 1807 - D/Y/A/17
- Jean Hue, son of Helier and Marie de Soulemont his wife 20 September 1676 - D/Y/A/3
- John Hue of St Helier, Merchant, bequeaths to the poor of St Helier,£1 1 shilling 8 July 1807 - D/Y/A/17
- Rodolphe Hue, Rector of St Brelade, bequeaths to the poor of St Brelade, £10 23 November 1772 - D/Y/A/12
- La Porte, St John