La Hambie Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


La Hambie Farm, St Saviour


LaHambieStS1987.jpg


1987 photograph before the property was divided

This property should not be confused with La Hambie, some distance away in Rue de la Commune, in the same parish


H20LaHambieFarm.jpg

Property name

La Hambie Farm, St Saviour

Other names

  • Maison de La Hambie
  • La Hambie Farm Cottage

Location

Rue de la Hambie

Type of property

Farmhouse now divided into three residential units

Valuations

  • Maison de La Hambie sold for £1,775,000 in 2011

Families associated with the property

Datestones

  • IB 17 EF♥♥EB 60 - For Elie Falle and Elizabeth Bree, with Elizabeth's father Julian's IB at the top. Elie and Elizabeth married in St Saviour in 1761 and the stone was presumably erected the year before in anticipation of the marriage
  • ACC♥♥MMG 1992 on gable end of Maison de La Hambie (No interpretation for this recent stone is recorded in the Datestone Register)

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

The building shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Farm house range comprising two-houses. [1] Main farmhouse (La Hambie Farm) two-storey, five-bay; Cottage to east (La Hambie Farm Cottage) two-storey, three-bay.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included

Notes and references

  1. Now three
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs