Composite Le Couteur family tree
showing results of DNA analysis
This master tree for the Le Couteur family links the 15 family trees given on Jerripedia, and covers seven centuries overall. It is structured hierarchically to follow the genealogical format of Jerripedia component trees. Each family tree branch in the master tree indicated below is prefaced by the generation number for the leading individual relative to Colin Le Couteur. This approach to illustrating the links between different branches of a master family tree is new to Jerripedia, so if you have found it useful, please let us know by clicking on this link
- 1 Descendants of Colin Le Couteur
- 7 Bernabey Le Couteur (1455-1534) of St Mary m Marion Sarre. Le Couteur issue surviving beyond 2000
- 10 Jean Le Couteur (1550-1607) m (1576) Priscille Messervy (1559-1641) d of Edward, Solicitor-General
- 11 Nicolas Le Couteur of St Mary (1598- ) (Ancestor of later St Mary branches)
- 16 Philippe Le Couteur (1754- ) m (1774) St Peter, Sara Le Feuvre (1750- ) d of Richard Rector of St Peter and Sara Bisson
- 15 Jean Louis Le Couteur (1739-1803) m 2 (1784) Elizabeth Simmons m 1 (1774) Sara Dutton (1751-1778) moved from St. Peter Port, Guernsey to London circa 1770, died in East Budleigh, Devon. Changed his name to John Lewis Courtier circa 1770.
- 7 Thomas Le Couteur (c.1460-1530) m Catherine Sarre. Moved to St John. Le Couteur issue surviving beyond 2000
- 14 Amice Le Couteur (1694-1762) m (1722) St John, Catherine Le Boutillier (1694-1758) d of Jean
- 7 Nicolas Le Couteur (1464- ) Moved to St Peter. Le Couteur issue surviving beyond 2000
- 16 Pierre Le Couteur (1741- ) St Peter, m (1776) St Ouen, Jeanne Le Montais (1750- )
- 11 Jean Le Couteur (1600- ) St Peter, m (1625) Marie Payne (1605- )
- 14 Mathieu Le Couteur (1685- ) m ?
- 16 Amice Le Couteur (1756- ) St Peter, m (1780) in St Peter, Judith Le Couteur (1761- )
- 19 George Le Couteur (1828-1913) St Peter, Jesey, m (1855) Belfast, Victoria, Australia, Frances Ridgway (1835-1903) Southwark, Surrey, England; both died in Victoria, Australia
- 7 Macy Le Couteur (1466- ) living in St Mary 1538. No known surviving Le Couteur issue after 1727
All individuals listed in these family trees appear to be descended from a single common male ancestor. The appended 'DNA tree' summarises those relationships that have resulted from DNA analysis. It shows the branching that has been validated by analysing DNA samples submitted by living Le Couteur descendants from different family branches. It is fully consistent with the known genealogy.