Le Val des Terres
Le Val des Terres is one of the main roads connecting St Peter Port with the south of the island. It is one of the steepest-ascending roads in the island, and climbs from Havelet Bay to Fort Road.
The road was opened on 24 July 1935 by Edward, Prince of Wales, and is commemorated by an inscription on a stone at the top of the road.
It is the venue for the annual Hill Climb event, organised by the Guernsey Motor Cycle and Car Club.