Les Bois, St Peter
A house on the edge of St Peter's Village, not to be confused with an earlier property of the same name which was demolished - we think in the 1950s - when Jersey Airport was expanded
Rue de La Pointe, St Peter
Type of property
Two-storey cottage with 16th century origins
No recent transactions
Historic Environment Record entry
This building is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795. It is considered to have 16th century origins, being developed in 1747.
Two-storey, three-bay house with two-storey, converted outbuildings to west returning at west end in 20th century extension.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included, but see picture below for details of another Les Bois, which was mentioned in Volume One
Notes and references
There was an earlier house in St Peter called Les Bois, which was demolished as the nearby Jersey Airport was enlarged. Some interesting features of the house, which was believed to date from the early 16th century, and thus to be one of the earliest surviving houses at the time, were rescued and used elsewhere. The benetier was installed in St Peter's Parish Church. This picture is in the photographic archive of La Société Jersiaise