No 44½ King Street

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


W16StreetLamp.png


44½ King Street


GM21Ad1873BritishPressAlmanac13.jpg



1893 sewing machines advert in the Jersey Independent

It is difficult to determine how and when No 44 King Street was divided into two parts, one becoming known as 44½, but there is no reference to this in records before 1880, nor after 1930, and in the years around the turn of the century, T Couch appears to have occupied both parts, as did Le Poidevin, as is clear from the early 20th century advert below.

Chronology

  • 1880 - James Potter, shoemaker
  • 1885 - P Luce, hosier
  • 1890 - Singer Sewing Maching Company
  • 1900 - T Couch
  • 1930 - Hipps, tailors
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs