North Lynn Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Jersey houses

North Lynn Farm, St John


Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through


Property name

North Lynn Farm

Other names

North Lynn


Rue de L'Eglise, St John

Type of property

Farm with 16th century origins


No recent transactions

Families associated with the property


  • RRR ♥ ESM 1743 - For Richard Romeril and Esther Simon, married at St John in 1729. They had daughters Ester and Rachel. We have not been able to place this family in any of our Romeril trees

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

An historic farm group of 16-19th century origins, retaining exterior character and features of interest. The earlier three-bay house, with original façade, is now incorporated into the outbuildings. This property is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.

Linear farm group, south facing, prominently positioned at junction of Rue de L'Eglise and Rue de la Ville Guyon. At the eastern end is the 19th century farmhouse, five-bay, two-storey with rear outshot. Slate roof with corniced rendered chimneystacks on gables.

Small front garden with dressed stone wall carrying iron railings. Small link building from west gable, joining to range of two-storey granite outbuildings, which incorporates original three-bay farmhouse. Further single storey granite outbuilding along roadside to south, with inset entrance gateway with carriage kickstones.

Old Jersey Houses

Not included in either volume

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs