If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Old Cadet House
- Old Cadet Hall
- Seymour House
- Seymour Farm
Mont Mallet, St Martin
Type of property
Former officers' quarters of Naval training school, now a private residence
- Old Cadet House (formerly Seymour House) sold for £3,415,000 in 2016 
- After major refurbishment the house was on offer for £3,950,000 in 2021 but does not appear to have been sold 
- Seymour Farm sold for £2.2 million in 2017
Families associated with the property
- Le Masurier: The 1901 census showed Philip Le Masurier (1866- ) farming 18 acres at Seymour Farm, living with his wife Jane (1871- ) and son Philip (1888- )
- Le Brun: In 1901 Seymour House was occupied by Frederick Richardson Le Brun (1876- ), a solicitor and Commis Denonciateur of the Police and Petty Debts Courts. He was married to Matilda Henriette, nee Pallot (1877- ) and at the time of the census their son Douglas Richardson was less than a year old. Also living with the family was Matilda's sister Ophelia Annie Pallot, a general servant and nursemaid
- Ahier: In 1941 Henry Ahier (1891- ), his wife Edith Amelia, née Wakeham (1892- ) and their children Christine Edith (1923- ), Philip Henry (1929- ) and Donald John were living here 
Historic Environment Record entry
The school trained boys in seamanship and a range of skills including ship drill and gunnery.
The Old Cadet House (a stucco house with double pile plan) was formerly the quarters for officers and staff. The cannons positioned on the gate pillars were added in 1937/38.
To the west is a seven-bay, two-storey building, which was the main dormitory. This later became part of Seymour Farm.
A three-bay, two-storey coach house is situated to the south, also with pointed arch headed door and windows with Gothic tracery.
Three massive training masts and rigging were set up in the garden.
Notes and references
- ↑ It is not clear whether this was the price for the whole complex. It seems unlikely that the house alone would have sold for this price
- ↑ In 2018 the owners applied to demolish the house and replace it with a modern building in similar style. It seems that this project was not proceeded with
- ↑ We have been unable to place this family in any of our Ahier trees or to find any information about Henry's ancestors
- ↑ The HER entry describes the property as the training school, which is somewhat out of date considering that the school closed in 1869, only six years after it opened