If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Rue du Maistre, St Mary
Type of property
18th century farm with probable earlier origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Le Maistre: This family gave its name to the road, but it is not known whether they ever owned this property
- Renouf: In 1901 plasterer Francis Renouf (1859- ) was living here with his dressmaker wife Mary Jeanne, nee Le Gresley(1863- ), daughter Lillian (1888- ), a dressmaker's apprentice, sons John Hammond (1889- ) and Philip John (1893- ) and daughter Mabel Florence (1892- ). Also in the household was Mary's widowed mother Elizabeth (1840- )
- Le Cras
- Le Marquand: In 1941 Philip Le Marquand (1894- ) was living here with his wife Mary Ann, nee Le Marquand (1893- ) and their children Philip John (1928- ), Doreen Mary (1931- ) and Edward James (1935- )
- 17 PRN 46 - For Pierre or Philippe Renouf
- PLC ♥ ELVC 1770 - For Pierre Le Cras and Elizabeth Le Vesconte, married in St Mary in 1766
- SGL 1820 - On gatepost for Samuel Gallie
Historic Environment Record entry
This 18th century property, with possible earlier origins, retains its historic character with some original features.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey, five-bay house, with long range of single storey granite outbuildings adjoining to east.
Rear has central attic stair projection under a catslide roof.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included, despite 18th century datestones and suspected 17th century origins