If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
The Coach House
Rue du Douet/Rue de la Pointe, St Ouen
Type of property
Farmhouse with 18th century origins
The Coach House was sold for £535,000 in 2013
Families associated with the property
Historic Environment Record entry
The main farm house of this complex displays an evolution of the development of Jersey’s architectural history. Many original interior features survive.
Shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
Two-storey, five-bay main house with front 20th century conservatory, modern rear extensions and later dower extension abutting to east. West range of outbuildings running north/south.
Mix of squared stone and random stone construction, with rough and dressed stone shouldered openings.
The western three bays of the main house are constructed in a higher quality squared stone than the remaining two bays. This could point to the west side having been constructed a few years later.
Both sides have window openings of 18th century shouldered type.
Main house interior: central entrance, single pile. The ground floor west room is entered via a mid-18th century door of five plain panels with bead mould. There is a stone fireplace (much modified 19th century) and a lightly chamfered 18th century beam with morticed-in bead edged joists. An early 19th century, six-panel door leads into the rear kitchen extension. The ground floor east room has a recently reconstructed stone fireplace flanked by large recesses. This fireplace covers an early 18th century original, the corbels of which can still be seen in the chimney breast reveals. A late 19th century ceiling rosette survives.