Saint Lawrence covers 5,258 vergees and occupies the centre of the Island. Most of the parish is inland, though it has a short stretch of coastline in St Aubin's Bay. It borders St Peter and St Mary to the west, St John to the north and east, and St Helier to the east.
The parish is divided into vingtaines for administrative purposes:
- Vingtaine Haut de la Vallée
- Vingtaine Bas de la Vallée
- Vingtaine du Coin Hatain - named after the Hatain family (Hasteyn, Hastain)
- Vingtaine du Coin Motier - from old French moutier meaning monastery 
- Vingtaine du Coin Tourgis Nord - named after the Tourgis family who owned the fief des Arbres in 1292 
- Vingtaine du Coin Tourgis Sud
St Lawrence is one electoral district and elects two Deputies.
St Lawrence is twinned with:
- Barneville-Carteret on the Normandy coast
There are two Anglican churches in the parish. Aside from the parish church itself, the church of St Matthew at Millbrook boasts a unigue interior. It was reconstructed in 1932 for Lady Trent, in memory of her late husband the former Jesse Boot. The interior fittings of carved glass were commissioned from the renowned French glass designer Rene Lalique; it is said that the soft furnishings are an exact match for the blue colour in the trademark sign of Boots the Chemist. Lady Trent also gave Coronation Park, adjoining the church, to the island in 1953, having created the park in 1937.
Millbrook, a large district in the south of the parish, began to develop as a residential area in the early 19th century, and is now almost entirely built up.
The Manifeste of 1646
The parish has a small collection of oil paintings on display in the Parish Hall, featured in the Your Paintings project.
Click on any image to see a full-size version
- ↑ BSJ 1908
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 St Lawrence - A celebration of our Parish, a history of parish life published for the millennium (1999)
Click on any image to see full-size version