If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
Rue des Pelles, St Martin
Type of property
Early 19th century farm
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Richardson: Thomas Dorey Richardson (1896- ), his wife Laura Eva, née Misson (1902- ), their son Denis Bernard (1931- ) and Thomas' brother Clement Thomas (1893- ) were living here in 1941
Historic Environment Record entry
The 1820s/1830s farmhouse retains its character and proportions with external and internal historic features remaining. The east outbuilding is significant for its group value.
House circa 1820s, with later 19th century alterations. The land registry records that Philippe Cabot sold the house to Jean Pallot on 28 June 1834. Philippe had previously inherited the house from his grandfather - also Philippe Cabot.
The style of the interior joinery work suggests a build date in the 1820s. Historic farm group comprising 2-storey, five-bay farmhouse with long single-storey outbuilding range to east, set around a front garden with low rubble boundary wall. Converted outbuildings and new extensions.
The interior of the house has a central entrance, with original plan form. Features of interest are the timber boarding partitions; the mahogany staircase with rounded handrail; six-panel doors, with triple moulding around the panels; pencil moulded beams north/south; and four-panel doors on the first floor.