South Pier House

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


Jersey houses

South Pier House, St Helier


Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through

Property name

South Pier House


La Folie, St Helier Harbour [1]

Type of property

Harbour store converted to residential use in 1926. The property was requisitioned by the Germans on 6 January 1942


No recent transactions. The property is owned by the States of Jersey

Families associated with the property

None identified

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

The building is of note for its external character and stonework, and its contribution to the historic character of the harbour. Group value with La Folie.

The house retains the core and twin-gabled roof form of an earlier 19th century store, as shown in old photos, but was heavily redesigned and extended in 1926 to make a three-bay, two-storey house with twin gabled slate roof.

Tall granite chimneystack rises flush with east elevation. Curved granite walled garden/yard survives from the earlier phase.

Notes and references

  1. The property is not in Commercial Buildings, the address given by HER
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs