If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
- Southview Farm
Junction of Rue de La Guillaumerie and Rue du Pont, St Saviour
Type of property
19th century farm group on site of earlier property
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Rive: In 1901 the property was owned by farmer John Helier Rive (1855- ) who lived there with his wife Louisa Susannah, nee Du Tot (1855- ) and his children by his first marriage to her first cousin Jane Margaret (1852-1899) : Ada (1881- ), a schoolteacher; Clara (1884- ), a tailoress; Alfred (1886- ), a carpenter; Ernest (1888- ), a carpenter; and schoolchildren Hilda (1889- ) and Salma (1891- )
- Pallot: In 1941 Denis John Pallot (1899- ), his wife Florence Maud, nee Le Brun (1899- ) and their children Denis Alfred (1930- ), Mollie Maie, Alan George and Joyce Dorothy were living here
- JHR JMDT 1897 - For John Helier Rive and Jane Margaret Dutot, the date marking the construction of the new farmhouse
- E POCH 1881 - For Elie Poch
Historic Environment Record entry
A good example of late 19th century farm group retaining many historic features and character.
The 1795 Richmond map shows an earlier group of buildings on the site of the current property, although none of these earlier structures are believed to survive.
The 1849 Godfray Map shows a property on the site under the ownership of F Gaudin.
The first named entry for Southview Farm in the census returns is in 1871 - the head occupant recorded as Elie Poch, a farmer of 14 acres who was also living here in 1881. From 1891-1911 the occupant was John Rive, described as a farmer and landowner.
The 1935 Ordnance Survey map shows the extent of the farm group as today, with the exception of the outbuilding in the southeast corner.
Notes and references
- ↑ John Helier married Louisa a year after Jane Marguerite's death in 1899