If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Chapelle de Ste Agathe 
Route de La Cote, Archirondel, St Martin
Type of property
Early 19th century coastal house
- Sold by the States in 1996 for £350,000 to Hamish and Barbara Scott 
- Sold for £2,010,000 in 2010
Families associated with the property
- Buesnel: The 1881 census shows farmer Clement Nicholas Buesnel (1841- ) living here. His father Clement (1802- ), a carpenter, is shown as head of a separate household with his wife Elizabeth (1818- ). Although we have not found a further marriage record, she must have been a second wife because Clement Nicholas' mother was Jeanne, nee De La Cour. Clement Nicholas married Eliza Chick in St Martin in 1876, but she is not mentioned in the census return
- Marett: In 1941 John Francis Marett (1916- ), his wife Marjorie Louisa, nee Falle (1916- ) and their son John James were living here
- 18 EGD EGD 11 - For Elie and Elizabeth Gaudin  Elie is a very common forename in the Gaudin family but we have not been able to place this couple in any of our family trees. Elizabeth's family name is not given in their marriage record, but is presumed to be Gaudin. It is not known on what basis the stone has been attributed to Elie and Elizabeth, who were a St Saviour couple, married in the parish in 1793. It could equally be for Elie Gaudin and Ester Gaudin, who were both from St Martin and married there in 1804. This datestone is not recorded by OJH but is mentioned in the datestone register.
Historic Environment Record entry
This early 19th century, five-bay house retains its proportions and historic character. It contributes to the rural roadside setting.
Possible site of Chapelle de St Agathe which was demolished in 1852. 
Old Jersey Houses
Despite the present structure dating back only to the 19th century, the house is featured in Volume One, mainly because the author speculates that it 'must be near the site of the mediaeval chapel dedicated to St Agatha, which we know was not far from St Catherine's chapel and, like it, very close to the shore'. As shown above, it seems clear that the house was built before the chapel was demolished, so while it may have stood nearby, it cannot have been on the same site.
Notes and references
- ↑ Given as an alternative name by HER, but the entries below dispute this connection
- ↑ The house was previously part of the St Catherine Estate, sold by the Crown to the States. At the time it was sold by the States it was said to have been constructed in the early 19th century. This would explain the 1811 datestone (see below). Presumably the house was acquired by the Crown in the 1840s when work was carried out on the construction of St Catherine's Breakwater
- ↑ Not FGD EGD as shown by HER
- ↑ No explanation is offered as to how an 1811 datestone is to be found on a property, supposedly built after 1852, on the site of a demolished chapel. The disclosure at the time the house was sold into private ownership by the States that it was built in the early 19th century suggests that the link between the chapel and today's house in the OJH article (see below), repeated by HER, cannot be correct