From the church website
The foundation Stone of St Andrew's Church was laid on 20 May 1926 by Cecil, The Bishop of Southampton in the presence of Samuel Falle, Dean of Jersey and the Rev H W Quarrie, Vicar, and can be seen on the outside of the west wall of the church. The church was built by E Farley and Son, a local firm. It is built in pink Jersey granite like most churches in Jersey.
The inner porch was presented by Ernest Farley, at Easter 1938, and the chimes in the tower were presented to the church by Ella Hamon in August 1938. The clock was presented in memory of William Keough by his Wife Nellie in 1952. The tower was restored in 1994, through the generosity of May Nicolle, who died in 1991 aged 99.
The east window depicting the Resurrection is in memory of Mrs Quarrie, the wife of the first Vicar. The granite font is dedicated to the memory of Mr Quarrie, who was the inspiration and moving light in building this church, while still Vicar of the first St Andrew's Church, which was on the Esplanade. Two of the windows on the north side of the church are of denser glass, showing that they are much older than the rest, but these were only installed in 1994 and came from an older church, St James' Church, St Helier which has now become an art centre
The choir pews came from St Helier's Church, and the organ came from the first St Andrew's Church, and was built by Alfred Olknow at his workshop in St Mark's Road, in 1885.
On the north wall by the door there is a plaque in memory of the Old Contemptables, British Expeditionary Force, 1914, and their colours are laid up on the right of the altar. Also on this wall is a plaque in remembrance of Jack Counter VC, a member of the church who died in 1970. A small housing estate is named after him and can be seen across the park.
The chair near the altar was presented to the church in memory of Herbert Charles Collett, a member of the church who was killed on 8 July 1944.
The most notable window on the south side is what is known as the Children's Window and the Mothers and Toddlers service is held in that area every Thursday afternoon.
The door near the Children’s Window leads to the Community Centre, which was built in 1976 with funds raised by the congregation. The basement beneath the hall was converted to provide meeting rooms in 2007.
Notes and references
- ↑ Since the church was built the park has often been wrongly named St Andrew's