Tenby House

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


Tenby House, St Brelade


H20TenbyHouseStAubin.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Su16TenbyHotel.jpg

Property name

Tenby House

Other names

Tenby Hotel

Location

St Aubin's Harbour, entrances on Bulwarks and Rue au Moestre

Type of property

Town house changed to hotel, now public house

Valuations

No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

Mignot

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

A prominent and substantial mid-19th century townhouse in a landmark location at the foot of La Rue du Moestre and overlooking St Aubin's harbour.

Retains original external features and fabric of interest. Four storeys, plus attic and basement, three bays.

Rue du Moestre entrance on west elevation. Door to right, south recessed with two granite steps up.

History

Very little is known about the history of this prominent St Aubin property. The Rev P T Mignot bought two houses and remodelled them into one during the 1914-18 war. One had the date 1624 on the front wall. Despite these very early origins the property is not included in Old Jersey Houses. It is now owned by the Randall's group, but there is no historical information on their website.

It was requisitioned for military accommodation by the Germans during the Occupation and operated as a hotel from the 1950s.

Notes and references

Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs