If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
Le Dredillet, St Peter
Type of property
Three-storey country house with 17th century origins
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- Cross: John Cross (1881- ), his wife Amelie Louise, nee Bourdon (1882- ) and their daughters May Doris (1912- ), Edna (1920- ) and Ruth Catherine (1925- ), together with May Doris' son David Cross, were living here
- BAP ♥ FMG 1759 
Historic Environment Record entry
This house retains its impressive scale and historic character, with fine stonework from the 18th and 19th century, and some interior features of historical interest. The house is shown on the Richmond Map of 1795.
John McCormack identifies the earliest build phase as 17th century, the house being refronted in 1759. The third storey was added in the 19th century.
Five-bay, three-storey house with single-storey outbuilding range to east, connected by a throughway.
The house has a slate roof with ashlar stone chimneystacks on the east and west gables.
The interior has been refurbished but retains the following historic features: the ground floor reception rooms (original hall and parlour) both retain a stone corbel fireplace and oak beams from 17th/18th centuries; small rooms in the ground floor rear outshot have beaded joist ceilings; and the first floor chamber retains a stone corbel fireplace and oak beams from 17th/18th centuries.
Old Jersey Houses
Not included despite suggested 17th century origins
Notes and references
- ↑ Not included in the Jersey Datestone Register and not interpreted