If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through email@example.com
The Old Forge
- La Forge
- Pont es Oies
Route d'Ebenezer, Trinity
Type of property
Working forge for 174 years
No recent transactions
Families associated with the property
- De Gruchy The 1901 census shows widower Pierre De Gruchy (1840- ) as head of household, living with his farmer son Pierre (1873-1921), daughter in law Eliza, nee Hamon (1877-1961), and their children May (1898-1970) and Mildred (1899-1974). The couple had one more daughter, Lilian Margaret (1901-1981) before they emigrated to Canada, where their last daughter Bertha Grace was born in 1907. Pierre (1840- ), who was married to Louisa Rondel (1849-1889) was the son of blacksmith Pierre and Ann, nee Mattingley (1809-1852)
- ALR 1848 - for Le Riche
- PDGC ♥ AMTG 1833 - For Pierre de Gruchy and Anne Mattingley
Historic Environment Record entry
This is a rare survivor of a mid-19th century forge. It still retains its historic structural fabric. The later wings are of some significance as they are integral to the development of the forge to the present day.
Single storey, single cell building set back from road. Later wings to east and west form U-shaped group.