The Priory, St Clement

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


The Priory, St Clement


H21ThePrioryStC1.jpg


Not to be confused with the former Priory Inn, which stood nearby, and has been demolished for housing

Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

Property name

The Priory

Location

Grande Route de St Clement, St Clement

Type of property

19th century country house

Valuations

Sold for £750,000 in 2004

Families associated with the property

Datestones

  • CT EM 1814 - For Clement Touet (1775-1850) son of Jean and Esther [1], nee Nicolle, sea captain, Centenier in 1826 and later Constable of St Clement 1836-39, and his first wife Elizabeth Monamy (1784-1825) daughter of Jean and Marguerite, nee Le Clercq. The couple had two daughters named Elizabeth, the first only lived from 1807-1808, the second was born in 1814.

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building

Early-19th century house with many surviving original features. Emulates the polite architecture of Georgian fashion but with a continuing local character.

Built near site of the medieval priory Prieure de St Clement de Pierreville, suppressed in 1413.

Detached, two-storey with attic, five-bay with single storey wing to east.

Notes and references

  1. Not Elizabeth as shown in the datestone register
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs