Three Oaks Farm

From Jerripedia
Jump to: navigation, search


HouseIcon.png


Jersey houses


Three Oaks Farm, St Lawrence


H20ThreeOaksFarmStL.jpg



Index of all house profiles

If you own this house, have ancestors who lived here, or can provide any further information and photographs, please contact us through editorial@jerripedia.org

U22ThreeOaksFarmStL.jpg

Property name

Three Oaks Farm

Other names

Trois Bois

Location

Grande Route de St Laurent, St Lawrence

Type of property

Historic farmstead divided into separate residential units

Valuations

No recent transactions

Families associated with the property

  • Blampied: This property is not shown on the Godfray Map and therefore must have been built in the 1850s, possibly by John Blampied on land that had belonged to the Bertaut family, inherited through his mother. In 1861 he was shown as living in this location with his family, in an unnamed farmhouse, with another farmer, Jean Hamon. Blampied was a farmer of 18 acres and Hamon a farmer of 3½ acres.The property was in the Blampied family from the mid-19th century until 1927 when James John Blampied, who inherited it from his father John, son of Philippe Blampied, of Blampied Farm, left it to Clara Catherine Nursey. He died in 1934 and had possibly married her by that time. John Blampied was already there in the 1871 census and in 1881 he is shown as farmer and owner of 16 acres. By 1901 he had retired, but was still living here with his wife Mary Ann (1828- )

The property was already sub-divided by 1941, when four families were registered as living there, two of them connected

Datestones

JBP MAGLC - For Jean Blampied and Mary Ann Gallichan, who married in St Lawrence in 1854

Historic Environment Record entry

Listed building


Notes and references

  1. Sister of Arthur Albert Cotillard, below
1914 potato harvest at Three Oaks Farm
Personal tools
other Channel Islands
contact and contributions
Donate

Please support Jerripedia with a donation to our hosting costs