Odell family page
A blue link anywhere in the text will lead you to another page with more information on this family
Origins of surname
This is a name of Anglo-Saxon origins from wadhelle = 'wood hill'
The first appearance of this surname in Jersey records was between 1883 and 1891, when the seven children of Joseph Odell and Rebecca were baptised in St Peter or St Brelade
Great War service
- Arthur J Odell (St H) Sergeant RGA
- George Wilfred Odell (1889- ) (St H) Lieutenant RGA
- William Stanley Odell (1890-1959) (St H) Warrant Officer RGA
- Alfred Thomas Odell (1885- ) Canadian Army
- Odell burial records 1867-1960: These records are taken from record books of the main undertaker in business during these years. Further undertakers' records can be found in the indexes contained in our Burial records section, as well as records for individual cemeteries. They will be added to individual family pages as time permits.
Click on any image to see a larger version. See the Jerripedia gravestone image collection page for more information about our gravestone photographs
We do not yet have any images of this family's gravestones